Following cleansing, a toner helps further cleanse the skin by picking up any makeup or debris that may have been left behind. It helps sweep away impurities, leaves pores clean and less noticeable, and also protects the skin.
Since different toners have different benefits, when adding a toner to your skin care regimen, select a toner based on your skin type and your skin’s needs. When you find a toner that works well with your skin, you can reap even more benefits from other products in your routine.
Dry skin types should select a toner containing hydrating ingredients. Toner prepares your skin to better accept your favorite moisturizer. Moisturizer will penetrate skin much more effectively if it’s hydrated.
If you have oily skin, select a toner that will help keep your pores unclogged, remove excess oil, and keep your skin clean.
Benefits of Toning
• Helps prepare your skin for anti-aging treatments and serums
• Removes debris like oil and traces of dirt, grime, and makeup
• Soothes, repairs, and smooths the skin’s surface also diminishing blemishes and minimizing signs of redness and inflammation
• A second defense against dirt and grease
• It eliminates dirt, grease, and grime to help clear your complexion
• Helps the rest of your products work better
• Extra cleansing after wearing makeup or other heavy skin products such as sun screen
• A toner helps sweep away impurities, leaving pores clean and less noticeable, and protecting skin
• Minimize the appearance of pores, giving skin a smoother appearance
How to Apply Toner
• After cleansing your skin, pour onto a cotton pad or cotton ball
• Make sure you get enough product onto the cotton pad so that it feels damp
• Smooth across your face, neck, and décolletage, adding enough pressure to reach deep into your pores but not too much force so as to pull at the skin
• Apply both morning and night