One of the main sources of damage to our skin is pollution. Our skin is porous, and it attracts, takes in, and retains pollution. As smog, dirt and dust float through air, they often come in contact with the sun's harmful ultraviolet rays, which create radicals. These free radicals attack cells and damage DNA, strip moisture from skin, cause discoloration, fine lines and wrinkles.
Throughout the day, the skin on your face is continually covered with bacteria, pollutants, viruses, dirt, and old (dead) skin cells. After just one day, dust, smog, and dust particles can build up in our pores. Proper cleansing is imperative to protect our skin from air pollution and to ensure our skin breathes in the oxygen it needs to keep a youthful glow. Daily facial washing removes these impurities to give the skin a fresh look.
How to Choose a Cleanser
- Important that it is done correctly to achieve the desired results
- Some cleansers rob the skin of its natural oils
- Use a mild cleanser to wash your face twice daily
- If skin is excessively oily, be sure to follow with a toner to battle large open pores
- Sensitive skin - use a non foaming cleanser
- Cream based cleansers are great for dry skin
- Gel or foamy cleanser are better for oily skin types
- Our cleansers for ALL or sensitive skin types are great at removing dirt without over drying and irritating the skin.
Benefits of Cleansing Twice a Day
- Ensure that the skin is always taken care of
- your leftover makeup and pollutants from the day are washed away
- You can fully maximize your product’s benefits (Washing your face not only washes away the bad stuff, but lets the good stuff in.)
- Your skin is able to renew itself throughout the night while you sleep
- Cleansing in the PM is important because overnight the skin needs oxygen to repair itself; sleeping with your makeup on deprives it of this vital nutrient.
- Benefits of washing face include eradicating skin problems.
Cleansing and Acne
- Excess sebum (oil), dead skin cells, pollution, and makeup are sitting on your face
- Cleanser will emulsify all of these and remove them from the surface of your skin
- When makeup is left on, it can seep deep down thus clogging pores
- When pores are clogged with dirt particles the skin is not able to breathe properly
- In such conditions, the quality of the skin gets a setback and gives rise to problems like blackheads, whiteheads, acne, patchiness, etc.
- If you have acne, it's essential to wash away the sources of your acne.
Cleansing and Anti-aging
- Once your collagen levels start to decline (due to aging), the pores do not snap back as easily once they become enlarged. Leaving makeup on can lead to inflammation that can generate free radicals and collagen breakdown.
- It really, truly ages your skin if you don't.