We all want beautiful, glowing skin. The good news is you can do a professional facial at home with the right products and a little know-how. This article will outline the steps of a professional facial at home. In just 15 minutes you can be on your way to healthy skin.
Tips before you start:
Know your skin- In order to use the right products to get healthy, nourished, and beautiful skin you must know your skin. Is it normal, oily, or dry? Maybe it is a combination. There are several tests online that you can take to find out your skin type.
Find the right products- Once you know your skin, find the right products. You will need a cleanser, toner, exfoliator, mask, and a good moisturizer. If you are seeing fine lines and wrinkles, add our Retinol PM. In addition, if you have wrinkles, puffiness, or bags under your eyes you need a good eye cream.
Set up your space- Have towels, wash cloths, cotton pads, and a bowl of warm water already set up. If you don’t want to use a bowl of warm water, make sure there is a sink nearby. If you plan on steaming your skin, have a pot of water warming on the stove. You can also play relaxing music, burn candles, or diffuse essential oils to really elevate your relaxing experience.
Steps for a quick at-home facial
1. Remove your makeup-You should always start with a clean canvas. So, remove all of your makeup with the 3X Makeup Remover. Alcohol dries out your skin, so find a remover that is more oil based.
2. Cleanse-Wet your hands in warm water and place a nickel-sized amount of cleanser in your palm. Lightly rub your hands together to distribute the product. Gently go over your face in round circles, massaging as you cleanse. Do not drag your skin. That causes damage and can age your skin faster. Gentle is the key. Pay close attention to the area around your nose, that is where a lot of people get dry. You should spend at least 1 minutes cleansing your face. Then rinse.
3. Exfoliate-Do not skip this step. Exfoliation removes dead skin and deep cleans. Do not scrub your face with your exfoliator, this causes microscopic damage. Gently scrub using upward and outward motions. Do not rinse
4. Steam-You can steam one of two ways. If you already have your pot of water warming on the stove it should be hot by now. Remove from the heat and find somewhere to sit. Drape a large towel over your head and lean your face over the pot. You can stay under the towel for as long as you are comfortable because it is super relaxing but if you are pressed for time, the recommended time is around 3-5 minutes. If you don’t want to do the stove method, you can run a washcloth under hot water from the sink and place it on your face. You may have to reheat it a few times to get the full effects. When you are finished steaming gently wipe off the exfoliator.
5. Mask-Choose which one is right for you.
6. Toner-Toners restore the PH balance to your skin. If you have extremely dry skin, you can find toners that hydrate while restoring balance. The easiest way to use toner is using a cotton pad. Apply a generous amount to the cotton pad and then apply to your face using upward and outward motions taking care not to drag your skin or be too rough.
7. Moisturize-Finally, moisturize. Your skin needs its hydration back after all of this, so use a good moisturizer. Apply liberally using upward and outward motions.
8. Final steps-depending on what problem areas you have; you can do your retinol treatment and eye treatment now.
At-home facials can be fun and beneficial with the right products. Your skin is your largest organ and it needs to be taken care of for a healthy body. You don’t have to do a facial every day, twice a week is great. To make it even more fun, invite some friends over and make it a big spa night. With a little time and the right products, you can have nourished and healthy skin without the big spa prices!